Wednesday, August 04, 2010



The house, er, shack that Jack built. I experienced first-hand this summer the painfully huge gap that is first and third world conditions. I think there might be a potential market for third world therapy. Extended time in primitive living conditions not only helps you lose weight, but also lose the tendency to take first world luxuries for granted. That saying, I cried because I had no shoes, but then I met a man who didn't have feet, only begins to depict the disparity.

1 comment:

The Coxclan said...

I think you should write a book about your memoirs in Vietnam. It would be a best seller in Vietnam. Unfortunately, most people in America wouldn't care. That's probably an experience you won't forget. Once you start taking hot showers with clean water and cooking on a stove again, you'll be grateful for America that much more.

David