Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Angkor Wat





I'll let one of the seven wonders of the world speak for itself. Well, almost. I was glad to see it and all--it would've been a shame to come all the way to Cambodia and not--but I wasn't buzzing about my Angkor Wat experience per say. More than the ruins of a once great structure that 'moths corrupted and thieves broke through and plundered'--sorry to go all biblical there but that was one of my thoughts-- I enjoyed how clean the premises were. Thank you UNESCO! It felt like we were in first world conditions for a few hours. Especially in the bathroom. I enjoyed the nature surrounding the temple ruins. And the cool breeze we felt while being carted around in our motorbike powered carriage and passing through roads flanked by groves of trees on both sides.

1 comment:

rooney said...

Wow! Angkor Wat looks impressive! I've seen the Aztec and Myan ruins. I enjoy seeing things like that. Wow looks like a great sight! Auntie