Sunday, July 26, 2009
Final Week
First I need to qualify the statement, "final week." In this context it means my days in Japan are numbered and I'll be departing this Saturday. I'm grateful to skype and web cams to tide me over while I've been separated from Vyda, Arielle, and Ryosei since July 15th. My last week will consist of work, packing I can't put-off any longer, and saying plenty of good-byes. I actually remarked yesterday to anyone who cared to listen that I'm really tired of saying good-bye at this point. It takes its toll. It has been a wonderful 10 months in Toyama, Japan. I can't imagine how it could've been any better. Our previous three years in another country that shall remain nameless were tumultuous, to put it mildly. We've learned how to be grateful for any good thing, no matter the size, that happens to us because our previous three turbulent years still are anything but a distant memory. Hopefully, I can write a little more about Japan before I leave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck on your journey. I'm glad you'll be reunited with your family. There is nothing worse than being apart.
Post a Comment