In my marriage relationship I’m the writer--as in I really like writing and my wife Vyda doesn't--so unless I step up our blog tends to stagnate. I know people visiting our blog have far better things to do that wait for an update from us; however, I feel bad when we're not rewarding friends for visiting our blog with new posts.
I thought I might start posting a few of my writings/musings. I actually plan on uploading a few tonight.
As for a family update, Arielle is now four. We've gone on a few fun bike rides lately. She looks really cute in her slightly oversized pink helmet. I’m still working with her on looking where she’s going, especially when she’s pedaling as fast as her little legs can carry her. Her observation powers have now progressed to the point where she can realize that we bought her bike fairly used and she sometimes benignly covets newer looking bikes as in, "why can't I have a bike like that?"
She also asks why everyone has a car but us (a very good question that my wife Vyda also raises from time to time, albeit with a little more force and impatience than Arielle). The answer to both the bike and car question is that I'm still in the process of trying to figure out how to "earn my family's bread by the sweat of my brow." We're hoping that my upcoming grad school/internship experience will equip me with the skills, experience, and connections I need to provide better “bread” than we’ve been scrounging on for the last four years.
More to come soon--as in later tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment