Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Quick Update

This won't be much of a post. More to come soon, including pictures. I've been accepted to the Korean Flagship Fellowship Program starting this August. Year one will be in Hawaii (poor us, I know) and year two will be back in Korea. We feel very fortunate/blessed to have gotten this. I think there was some reverse affirmative action working in my favor since the students in this program are overwhelmingly (as in 80-90%) Korean descent. Just as a side note, I'd always been a staunch supporter of affirmative action, even when it supposedly was to my disadvantage.

So our relationship with Japan and Korea just keeps getting deeper and deeper........
Weird when you consider until four years ago I have no recollection of consciously thinking about Korea. It came out of nowhere, seemingly, and now it's become such a big part of all our lives.

Well I'm starting to amble down that philosophical rambling road, which probably usually sounds better to the author than the readers! So I'll just leave it at that and tag Vyda so she can post pictures and write updates on kids.

1 comment:

The Coxclan said...

Congratulations Clark. That's awesome. What a great opportunity for you and your family. Take care.
Heidi